Thursday, August 16, 2007

Withdrawal

I think I'm in withdrawal from bike racing. It's actually a combination of frustration and fear. Frustration because my hand feels good, but after the year I've had I just know that if I push it before I get the ok from the surgeon that I'll do something to it and be done for another 2 months. Fear because I look at the race results and see that the guys I will be racing in cross are flying right now. At one point I thought I'd be able to hold my own in open B races this year. Now I'm going to hope I don't get pulled from the C's. Fear also because I'm on the verge of dumping a bunch of money into a bike that I don't want to become a pretty ornament for the ceiling of my garage. Follow up is Monday. We'll see what he says.

Yesterday was an off day from running, but I rode the trainer for 40 minutes last night. The first ten minutes, my cadence was around 82 and it felt like 100. By the end I was comfortable at 92 so that made me feel a little better. Planning to ride Saturday morning but I don't know how much yet. I might try to find a long gradual hill to do some repeats, but I may be better off just getting some saddle time.

Oh, and I'm still in limbo/hell at work. Where the f did everyone go?

2 comments:

gewilli said...

U R racing cross...

quite whining like a little sally...

suck it up...

Tell the Doc to make ya a flipping cast to wear racing the bike to protect the bone...

do what EVER it takes to race that Zank!

trackrich said...

Thanks for your very inspirational little speech there :) I am racing... it's just a matter of whether I get in one race or 10 before nats.

And not to be picky, but I'm getting an ANT. MIF got the Zank. Splitting hairs... unless you're one of the Mikes building them I suppose :)