Tuesday, June 12, 2007

How do they do that?

Ok, I should be working since I was wikid frickin late (thanks traffic), but I had to share this...
It's day 2 of the solo daddy routine and we're hanging in there. I've decided I have an allotment of frustration this week and once I use it up it's gone so I'm trying to spread it out and stay calm as much as I can. This morning I got up a few minutes later than planned so I'm in the shower and the 2 older ones are up. One of them opens the door and is talking really loud so I told him to quiet down since he was right across from the 2 year old's room. He's still trying to tell me something so I stick my head out and there he is with the 2 year old. Apparently he was crying so they decided they'd be nice brothers and go get him. Yes that is nice, but it was 6:05 and he normally sleeps until close to 7. Argh. So I ask them to make sure he doesn't burn the house down and I finish getting ready. As I'm eating breakfast and trying to get all 3 of them moving in the right direction, the 2 year old comes over and just says "Poop". I was hoping he meant he wanted to go to the potty, but I checked the diaper... no luck. Great, now we're having fun. So I get him in his room layed down on the bed and I'm starting to dip into my bucket of frustration. Just then, outta nowhere, he just looks up at me, start clapping and says "Yeah Daddy ride the bike!" Damn, I hate when they get all cute like that. That certainly helped us finish getting ready in one piece.

3 mornings to go...

2 comments:

gewilli said...

yeah - that was the kicker from yesterday - me all wicked fuzzy headed - just me and 2.5 (who steadfastly refuses to use the potty) all changed and me wobbly legged and then "Poopy" "I'm POOPY"

nooooo not this morning...

ahh this reminds me of something from this morning... Riding in with someone and i stop to switch the flag on the trailer (stick it out to the side in traffic) he doesn't stop and the little one says "Go fast, catch him daddy!"

Heck i need that in the races... ain't it wicked awesome being motivated by a little one?

gewilli said...

So how's it going there Rich? Surviving?