Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Choosing to be positive

The dojo the boys go to is always good for posting inspirational and/or informational articles and stories on the wall. The latest is this big long story about the guy who's obnoxiously positive all the time and he tells the guy who asks him that he realized at some point that he wakes up every day with the choice to be positive or to be negative about what happens to him and he chooses to look on the bright side. He later falls off a tower and is in real bad shape. He's being wheeled into the OR and he can see that the doctors are thinking he's a goner. The nurse is asking him if he's allergic to anything and he yells out "Yes... gravity!" When everyone stops laughing he tells them he's not going anywhere and they better treat him that way. In any case... if I can ever find an electronic copy of the whole thing, I'll post it.

So I'm trying my best to make that positive choice. In the span of 4 days I got hit by a car and then threw my body awkwardly into pavement at high speed while wearing 2 oz of clothing and a plastic bowl on my head. I have no broken bones, I was able to kiss my boys goodnight, and my mental function is no worse than it was before. Yes I'm down and out for way longer than I think I can tolerate, but I'm here. Ask me again in 4 weeks if I'm able to be as chipper, but for today I'll be corny and sappy.

It's only been about 60 hours and the 12" x 3" scab on my shin didn't sting in the shower today... see, I'm getting there already.

1 comment:

gewilli said...

if ya haven't read alaska jill's saga post her 100 mile snow race...

it is good for those who get nailed by injury...

at least you went in right away instead of futzing around on your own...

http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/

dat da link