Friday, April 13, 2007

I suppose it could be worse

Ways that dealing with the weather could be worse:

1) I could be racing BKR this weekend
2) I could be running Boston on Monday
3) It could be icy in the morning so either I couldn't ride or I crashed a lot

I was going to fire up the rant machine, but everyone knows the weather sucks so I'll spare you. My #1 hope is that all the 3's and 4's out there are trying to stay warm and dry and will be less ready than me for Sturbridge. I doubt it, but here's hoping.

Quiet weekend on tap and I'm taking Monday off. I firmly believe that the state should just shut down on Patriots day so everyone can enjoy the marathon and the Sox game. It's hit or miss around here and it turns out I missed at this place. Oh well, I have a vaca day I can use. Odds are very good that we won't bring the whole fam, but I'll probably head down to watch some true suffering. Good luck to everyone who's going to attempt it. I've run one in that kind of wind and rain, but it was at least 30 degrees warmer than they're saying.

What are the chances that the wind will die down or shift to a tail wind for the ride home? Probably way lower that I'd hope...

It might be sunny and break 50 tomorrow... go enjoy it before it snows again.

No comments: