Thursday, January 18, 2007

Update for the sake of updating

Well, there's nothing in particular going on, but it's been almost a week so I figured I'd toss something out there. After the holiday breaks from many responsibilities like school (us and the kids), work, training, etc we're getting back into having about 3 too many constraints on our time. Fortunately my wife will be sort of done with classes this week until summer (if she decides to do a summer class) so there'll be one less thing there. I had gotten some time to catch up on a bunch of projects, but that time is dwindling and most of them aren't done so I'm trying not to get overly stressed about it... it's not working. I tend to get frustrated that the battle against the clock is usually a losing battle. No matter how you slice it and how motivated you are, when there are 3 kids, 2 careers, 2 athletes, and a house to keep up, something falls off the list and it's usually not an easy decision on what to drop. I usually try not to drop anything other than sleep and I know that doesn't make things better. Oh well... one of these days I'll figure out the secret.

Not much other news. I am finding that winter is seeming much shorter to me this year partially because of the abnormal weather and partially because I have a goal of starting my bike commuting in early March so that will sort of signal the end of winter for me. Those first few weeks may not feel like the end of winter on the ride in, but there's still sort of a milestone there.

Back to work...

No comments: