Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Cursed Alarm Clock

So one down side of living in MA (and trust me, there are many) is that if you want a house which is not in your neighbor's yard and maybe a tree and a few blades of grass, you have to live way out in the burbs. Unfortunately, that is not where most jobs are so you become a commuter (def: commuter - One who spends 20% of their life in an automobile traveling at well below posted speed limits in order to travel great distances between home and work). That means you can either a) get up at 4:30 a.m. or b) sit in traffice for 4 hours a day. I tend to go with a) which means I spend many days in a sleepy haze. Today would be one of those.

The new cross rig was delivered yesterday and I got it as set up as I could last night. Need to transfer some parts over from the now trashed Lemond and pick up a couple new ones to have it race ready for Sunday. The timing may dictate though that I get no more than an hour to get used to the bike before heading into battle. It's got 2 wheels, handlebars, and some brakes... how much different could it be? :) The real risk factor is that I think I'm going with the reversed cross brakes so the likelihood of a flaming endo is very very high. Pictures of new bike to follow when available.

Oh, and for those who want to read the occasional mindless commentary of a deranged Steelers fan, check out Mikey's Page .

No comments: