Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Now THAT'S RTB Training Kids

For those not familiar with RTB it's a 200+ mile relay that goes from the White Mountains down to Hampton Beach. You have a team of up to 12 people and one person is on the road at all times once you start. What it equates to is 24+ hours of exercise laden nonsense with your friends. Because the race runs in mid September, the weather is a crap shoot. Two of the 4 years I've done it, we were in the remnants of hurricanes, one so bad that the after race party was basically cancelled because Hampton Beach was under water. Another year we had showers and I got poured on. Last year there was a brief sprinkle just to remind me that it was RTB. With our recent weather, I haven't run in the rain in longer than I can remember... until today. I headed out at lunch for a nice little stay-loose run and when I went out it was cloudy and sprinkling... it was kinda nice. It wasn't too cold so I was having fun. Well progressively over the 28.5 minutes, the rain got worse to the point that when I finished it was almost a little hard to see. Now that I got that out of the way, I am officially prepared for the race.

2 comments:

gewilli said...

i get ta ride home in this mess...

Ooh fun....

trackrich said...

Suck it up... it's cross season.