Saturday, July 07, 2007

One more...

Just a quick one of the race report variety... Today was the Colonial Road Runner's Club Marathon Challenge. It was basically a 26 x 1 mile (plus one lap) relay race down in Marshfield. I got sucked into this with the GFRC crew way back before I shredded my groin so then I was put on the possible list. Once running started going ok again, I said I'd do it with the expectation that just covering the 4 laps moderately fast would do. Now I'll note that I've run a total of 6 or 7 times total since The Crash. It's been longer than I can remember since I did a timed mile. I ran the leadoff leg and my goals were to not put us in dead last and to go out the first 2 laps in 6 minute pace then see what happened from there. I hit the first 200 in 38 so there went plan A. Plan B was to not die or re-shred my groin. Somehow I managed to run pretty even splits the whole way and made the handoff at 5:16. I got a little extra kick at the end by lapping a team. Apparently having some extra strength from biking and countless memories of running mid distance events on the track burned into my brain works.

Aw yah, bring on the ridiculously long cross sand pits, mud bogs, and unrideable hills...

No comments: