Tuesday, July 03, 2007

5 more minutes...

So I rode in Friday, then got a ride home. Saturday I went running. Sunday I did nothing athletic per-se. Ran again yesterday. This morning when I rode in I knew it was going to be a crap shoot on how I felt and it ended up just being weird. I was definitely rested from a biking perspective, but overall, my legs felt, well, not really awake. The best analogy I could think of was trying to get a teenager out of bed for school. You go in and tell them they've got to go now and the response is "5 more minutes..." Yup, that's what it was like... c'mon boys let's go... eh, maybe in 5 more minutes. Oh well... I kinda gave up hope of setting the roads on fire quickly and just enjoyed the ride.

By the way... can someone bring me a new calendar because I think mine's broken. Mine says July, but I was in long sleeves and knee warmers this morning. Now I'm all for cool nights and warm sunny days, but usually in September. Oh well... it could have been 92 at 6 a.m. so I guess I'll take it.

Since it probably is really July and that's the tentative date I got from Mike for my cross frame, I decided to start ordering parts. I haven't gone nuts yet, but I scored a couple deals so stuff should be on it's way soon. Mmmmm, frog legs...

No real plans for the 4th for us, but if the weather cooperates we may bring the gang to a local road race so they can do the 1 mile fun run. Both of the older two can do it easily and I'm almost curious how fast the oldest can do it. I may have the next great over-tall white guy runner in the works there, but running is something I definitely wouldn't push at too young an age. I'm completely willing to let him do as much of it as he wants (within reason), but I won't be suggesting anything that resembles training. That said, he's declared that he wants to raise money to do the 5k Race for the Cure with mommy in the fall. I think he'll be able to finish and it was kinda cool that he thought the raising money part was a good thing to do.

Ok, omlette waiting...

No comments: