Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Driving Lessons

I had a gigantic rant being scripted in my head on the drive in today, but I think I've calmed down a little. Lets keep it short and say that I am convinced that passive and uncomfortable drivers have got to be the source of the vast majority of traffic problems. If the big wide road with all those fast moving cars scares you, stay off of it. If you think you're proving something by using it despite your white-knuckled ineptitude, at least have some courtesy and stay in the right lane.

Oh, and I could no longer ignore the feeling that I was missing out on some worldwide party that all my friends were at so I got on Facebook this week. Feel free to find me there and say hi, but my guess is that after the initial fascination period, I'll update that about as often as I update this.

4 comments:

Colin R said...

It's just like bike racing, people that freak out when you get close/touch cause all the problems.

I leaned out my window to put elbow on a semi the other day and Linnea got all worried. Lame.

trackrich said...

One of my favorite road race stories is the guy who blew a gasket at the Sturbridge Road Race because I drifted a little and brushed my elbow against his arm. There was nobody within 3 feet of him on the other side and I'm not sure I would have even noticed if he hadn't freaked out on me.

solobreak said...

Sounds like he simply recognized you as the guy who hits the pavement 9 races out of 10. I wouldn't want you near me either.

trackrich said...

Don't even talk that crazy talk. It's been a disturbingly long time since I ate it on the pavement and I even felt justified a few times in calling out a bunch of cat 4's for not being able to ride their bikes. I learned this past season that going from a 35+ race with the big boys back down to a cat 4 race is downright scary. Maybe if I wasn't a tactical moron I could get out of the 4's...