Thursday, April 16, 2009

idonotplaysoftball?

About the only major sport that I have never played in an organized fashion is baseball. I grew up in a soccer town... if you did any sports it was soccer. I know they had little league at some point because my cousin played, but I honestly don't know a single kid who played when I was little. I'm counting my distinguished career in neighborhood pond hockey and men's pickup leagues as "organized" because there were uniforms involved and we kept track of who won. The extent of my "bat sports" experience however has been limited to wiffle ball and that typically involved holding beer and/or food while batting. Oh and don't forget all those fundamentals I've picked up from watching T-ball. So when my buddy called me up and asked me if I was interested in joining a softball league what else would I say but "Sure!" This could be comical...

No comments: