Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Weekend Review

Well the weekend was so busy that it even took me an extra day to write about it. I was reminded again this weekend that I'm too old to do anything fun. Friday night we went to a fancy black tie charity party at the Park Plaza. I got to chat some with former Pats QB Scott Zolak for a while at the pre-party and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. We were talking about our kids at one point and he joked that because his 6 year old daughter is real tall we should get her and my oldest son together. I'm thinking "That would be just fine with me to have a former pro-QB in the family... let's do it even if they are only 6" :) Anywho, we didn't leave the party until after 1, then had to walk back to out hotel so it was 2ish before we got to bed. The painful part was the boys had a karate tournament at 8 a.m. so we had to leave Boston at 6:30 to get home. What made it worse was that after a busy day, I had to get up at 4:30 Sunday morning to go set up for the MRC cross race. It was completely amazing to see how many guys were out there in the 25 degree weather at 6 a.m. We had the course set up in about 45 minutes except for some finishing touches. Reviews seem to be that everyone loved the event so it was worth it even if I had to bail after setup to go to a breakfast with the family and then a birthday party.

This coming weekend is the Warwick, RI cross race on Sunday and then the following weekend is Nationals. I have to decide today if I'm going to be insane and race Masters 30+ on Friday and then the B race Sunday. I'm already signed up for the B race so I just have to decide if I want to take a half day to drive down and start in the back row of 100+ guys. I suspect I'll do better in the 30+ than B's so it may be worth it.

In other news the bathroom project is almost there. Painting is now done so next steps are finish electrical, the floor, and trim. Might get to the floor this Saturday so there's a chance I may have this thing done this year. Need to schedule Dad to help hang the door and some other stuff, but school is nearly done for the semester so I should be able to put some time in.

No comments: