Because I'm trapped in MBA hell, here's the Clif Notes version:
- I still can't think for long about Saturday without flying into a rage. There was no way I was beating that guy who won, but I think I was on my way to the podium which I wanted bad.
- Sunday's result only sort of made up for it. Sure I'm pleased to get top 10 in any field at arguably the biggest race of the New England season, but I still think I can ride with a few of those guys who were ahead of me.
- I finally got to meet MIF. That was awesome.
- Sweeney is a rock star for offering me his bike while I was running even though he was having a good race. I think that's sort of illegal to get a bike from someone on the course, but the offer was unexpected and truly admirable.
- Nearly the ENTIRE blogosphere was there. Well, except a few losers. And yes sir, I'm just busting your nuts, but dude... just shoot the car and be done with it.
- I learned that if you enter a port-o-john next to Solo, you do so at your own risk.
- I learned that even at the base of the runup of death for the 4th time (maybe it was third) CTodd still has a sense of humor
- To the race staff guy who picked me out of the thousand people who were discretely walking around with adult beverages and decided to bust my nuts: Thank you for putting on an awesome race again, but dude, lighten up.
There's more thoughts in here, but they're being beaten down by the ones trying to be some sort of smart(ass) business guy.